Open Day October 2016
Learn what the Frappé team was upto in the month of October
· 2 min read
On Open Day, we share our activities of the month with each other and the community. It's when we take a step back and see where we stand. To see past open days, click here.
- This Open Day started with cake cutting to celebrate Kanchan's and Faris's Birthdays
- Good News !!! Gantt is now a separate JS library, which can be used to develop Gantt charts. You can find more about it @ Gantt on Github
- Faris worked on building a new Kanban board feature in ERPNext. Also, submitted few UI fixes to resolve an issue with dropdowns being rendered incorrectly in the browser. Faris also worked on enhancing the setup wizard experience, making it easy to navigate without mouse ????
- Kanchan did few enhancements in Purchase Order printing; now similar items can be grouped and shown as a single entry in the print.
- Nabin did some more experimenting with GitHub milestones for issue management. Besides, this month he merged a quite a lot of pull requests on ERPNext and Frappé.
- Neil, had a great month on the discussion forum, ranking # 2 overall (based on the number of replies). Moreover, he did quite a lot of fixes in schools and wrote some data migration scripts for his on-going implementation at Shishuvan, Mumbai.
- Rohit did an excellent job by creating ERPNext documentation cleanup milestone and helping assignees update the documentation.
- Rushabh visited few customers in Bengaluru and interacted with some users in community meetup.
- Saurabh started with Reseller Portal, which should serve as a convenient place for ERPNext resellers to manage their customers.
- Shreyas has begun to build a tool, for migrating from Odoo to ERPNext. Besides, he created a Frappé documentation milestone on same lines as ERPNext Documentation.
- Umair did a commendable job of merging conference speaker videos with the presentation.
- We also had three new faces for this Open day Shachi, Manas, and Prateeksha who touched upon their experiences about onboarding and getting along with Frappé team and its culture.
Shreyas works as Software Developer with Frappé. He is tech-savvy person and loves to be always on cutting-edge of Software and technology.