Open day May 2018
Summary of Frappe Team Activities for the month of May 2018.
On Open Day, we share our activities of the month with each other and the community. It's when we take a step back and see where we stand. To see past open days, click here.
- For Multi company setup, each company can now have different default values for a particular item. Child table has been introduced in the Item master which can be populated with different values for different companies and other details such as warehouse, accounts, etc.
- New DocTypes added for Employee Onboarding and Separation. It helps in tracking all the activities that needs to be carried out during the on and off boarding of an Employee.
- Deferred Account added to track deferred revenue. Blanket Order feature added to allow multiple delivery dates for a purchase or sale.
- Webform refactored. Support Portal in the works - A central place to send or look for an issue - Search box available that fetches data from scattered resources like docs and forums.
- Asset Accounting added - manage and supervise fixed assets with ease.
- Over production for Work Order is now allowed.
- frappe.io and erpnext.org are now refactored and live.
- New feature added - Tax Withholding.
- Some enhancements - Stocking out expired batches of an item, Monthly attendance report to show leave details, applying taxes based on GST code, Total quantity field added in sales/ purchase transaction.
- Leave Application displays table in dashboard upon Employee selection to view types of leave allocated and how many leaves are available or pending.
- Workflow Actions feature added to keep track of workflow action as it proceeds from one stage to another.
- Group same item in sales/purchase transaction while printing them through a checkbox.
- New DocField 'Fetch From' - no need to use add_fetch in the client side, can be set through the DocType settings itself.
- Scheduling of the asset depreciation based on the in-use-date.
- Added location doctype to manage asset transfer.
- Asset value adjustment to change the depreciation of the asset, if the damaged asset has been repaired.
- Added provision to back-flush raw materials based on stock entries for the subcontracted raw materials.