Open Day June 2018
Summary of Frappe Team Activities for the month of June 2018.
· 2 min read
On Open Day, we share our activities of the month with each other and the community. It's when we take a step back and see where we stand. To see past open days, click here.
- This was a month of testing and fixes for all of the new features built in last month.
- Test cases were updated for these features and extensive manual testing was also done.
- Existing documentation were updated.
- Webinars were also conducted for new features and enhancements as listed below:
- ERPNext Version 11
- HR Module
- Deferred Revenue
- Employee Promotion and Transfer
- Leave Management
- Shift Management
- Staffing Plan
- Employee Onboarding and Separation
- Attendance Request
- Subcontracting Enhancements
- Shareholders Management
- Quality Inspection Enhancements
- BOM Item Alternative
- 150+ Pull Requests were reviewed and merged by the team. Great to see contributions from the community.
- Currency Exchange API api.fixer.io was deprecated. This was replaced by a self hosted solution on frankfurter.erpnext.org
- A lot of (database) optimization related bugs were reported and fixed, as lots of companies, big and small, use ERPNext.
- Version 11 will be released on 10th July 2018. However, this time we have decided it to be opt-in. So, customers will have the option to stay on v10 or upgrade to the latest v11.
- Bench now has a command to Setup Wildcard SSL: sudo bench setup wildcard-ssl
- We have a new webpage explaining how to report security vulnerabilities
- ESOC is going smoothly. Each team has completed their first milestone. You can check their PRs on https://github.com/frappe/accounting
- Frappe Accounting Beta will be released on 16th July 2018. Look forward to that.
- We are in a process of restructuring our organization into functional teams. We are also looking for new hires. So, if you know someone, please connect us.
- 3 meetups were conducted during this month.
- Frappe, Mumbai - ERPNext Version 11 Preview
- Rahi Systems, Pune - ERPNext Version 11 Preview
- Zerodha, Bangalore - Code Sprint
- The following features were kick-started during the sprint
- PostGres Support in Frappe Framework
- Paginated Child Tables
- Background Reports
- I have completed 2 years at Frappe
- Zarrar has completed 1 year at Frappe
- Manas will be leaving Frappe. We wish him all the best for his future.
- Frappe Team welcomes 2 new members: Mitali and Aditya
Frappe Open Day - June 2018 from Frappe Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Faris hacks UI at Frappe and is an Anime Fan. He is a man of few words and prefers that his code do all the talking
No comments yet. Login to start a new discussion Start a new discussion