Open Day - July 2020
A summary of activities in the month of July in Frappe
As the team size grew 20 to 40 in Frappe, the time it took to complete the Open Day increased drastically. 1 day was not enough to accomodate presentations of 40 people. So it was split into 2 and sometimes 3 days. Often people would get exhausted by the end of the day.
This time we decided to do alternate Open Day's every month for Developers and Consultants/Writers/Sales/Non-Dev team. So here is the summary of Developer Open Day for the month of July.
- Ability to Bulk Restore deleted documents.
New convenience APIs added for adding and removing tags.
doc.remove_tagdescribed in documentation.
Enhancements to make
bench buildwork with limited amount of RAM. Check out the PR.
New Site Command
bench --site [sitename] ngrokto create a publicly hosted URL of your site, useful for debugging integrations and webhooks. Check out the PR.
Prepared Report enhancements.
- PR in the works to set default Email Template per DocType.
- Frappe Logger was refactored to add more structure. Learn more at Frappe Logging Docs.
- Process Statement of Accounts. #22901
- Return Tracking in PR/DN. #22859
- Education module enhancements. #22623 #22825
- Laboratory module refactor. #22853
- Youtube Video Interactions. #22867
- Material Request and Stock Entry Enhancement. #22671
- 1 out of every 4 backups are now uploaded offsite on Amazon S3.
- Large backup file are now uploaded to directly to S3.
- Older backups are periodically deleted on S3.
- The bench command to migrate a site to Frappe Cloud is now hosted on Frappe Cloud servers. So, everytime you run the command, the latest version of the script is fetched from the server and executed.
- Soon, users will be able to migrate a site to Frappe Cloud, just by entering the site URL and user credentials.
- Healthcare Whitepaper was published. Check it out at ERPNext Whitepapers.
- A native Mobile Application is in the works. Stay tuned.
- FOSSUnited Hackathon is an online hackathon being conducted on September 12 and 13. More at fossunited.org/hackathon.
Download slides for Open Day July 2020.
Faris hacks UI at Frappe and is an Anime Fan. He is a man of few words and prefers that his code do all the talking