Open Day August 2018
Summary of Frappe Team Activities for the month of August 2018.
· 2 min read
On Open Day, we share our activities of the month with each other and the community. It's when we take a step back and see where we stand. To see past open days, click here.
- QuickBooks Migrator is a Work-in-Progress, and plans for adding in Tally Migrator are under consideration.
- A comprehensive guide to start contributing to the ERPNext Documentation is now available on the ERPNext Wiki.
- Supplier-wise Sales Analytics Report is now available.
- Budget validation against existing records has now been fixed.
- Users will now be able to back-flush materials from the WIP Warehouse.
- The update changelog has been posted on the inexhaustive v11 features and changes page.
- ERPNext v11 is slowly being rolled out to public! As of now, more than 80 sites have already migrated to the latest version. To have your site updated, send a mail requesting an update to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketplace has now been released! ??
- Marketplace is a portal that allows you to discover, list, and sell products easily from your ERPNext site.
- You can communicate with other sellers, add item reviews, save items to your personal list and much more!
- Transactions are now highly optimized! Results show a staggering 4x performance improvements during code execution.
- An update notification is now shown whenever a newer version is available!
- Added improvements to the WebForm.
- Emails on successful completion of backups are now optional.
- Frappe now supports VueJS. You can now add VueJS UI components to your Frappe app. In fact, the Marketplace is completely written in VueJS!
- We now have a more flexible and powerful naming system, allowing users to completely customize the DocType naming schemes.
- The final milestone for ERPNext Summer of Code 2018 is now underway!?
- A lot of developmental excellence has been shown this year, especially on an email client for Frappe.js! Users will be able to try it out soon (real soon?).
- Bench now has been updated to support pip v18.0.
- I recently joined the Frappe team as a Software Developer, alongside 4 new recruits:
- Software Developer
- Sahil Khan
- Mangesh Khairnar
- Deepesh Garg
- Business Analyst
- Jai Chavan
- Saurabh has now completed 3 years at Frappe!
- Tickets for the ERPNext Conference 2018 are now available. Visit the conference webpage for more information.
- Prateeksha has made a fun little pac-man game in Python and ncurses! And guess what? it's on GitHub! Be sure to check it out.
Come to darkside, we have disabled cookies.