Open Day April-May 2017
Summary of team activities in April and May 2017
· 2 min read
On Open Day, we share our activities of the month with each other and the community. It's when we take a step back and see where we stand. To see past open days, click here.
- After a long duration of beta-testing, ERPNext Version 8 was deployed on the cloud.
- The ERPNext Foundation has introduced the Version 9 milestone and is now actively working to improve stability and test coverage. Babatunde Akinyanmi and Vishal Dhayagude are the newly hired foundation devs. Check out the discuss tag for more updates.
- We co-organised a code sprint at Kozhikode to merge the healthcare module developed by our friends at Earthians. Being a major contribution for a new domain, we worked on bringing components to a bare minimum to be easily adaptable for most use cases.
- The Foundation Mumbai chapter organized a code sprint to make ERPNext GST compliant. They covered plenty of ground, bootstrapping the basic requirements for the features to come.
- Rushabh introduced Contribution Guidelines to make way for a more maintainable code base. The complete feature requirement for large contributions was later overridden by a new ideology of cascading PRs to minimize unshipped code.
- Maintenance was also automated to a significant degree, Makarand and Faris taking the lead. Automated PRs, code linting and reviews will take the overhead out of manual integrations. UI testing is under way too, stay tuned.
- We've had Ashwini join us aboard the UI team. Her front-end experience enabled her to get started right away.
- There wasn't any skimping on new features though, here are the ones worked on:
- Setting account in warehouse
- Translations & Docs auto-updates
- UOM conversion in selling
- Setting up multiple apps while creating new bench
- Multiselect Dialog
- School Settings
- Batch/Serial no. entry dialog
- Continue after logout
- Redesigned Student Group Creation Tool
- Posting Date optional
- Foundation Chapter Portal
- Enhancements in user onboarding
- Check out the released webinars:
Congratulations to Saurabh and Rohit on their marriages :)
Your garden-variety front-end dev at Frappe.