Frappe Incubator Terms
1. About Frappe Incubator
Frappe Technologies Private Limited (“Frappe”, ''We” ,''Us” or ''Our”) is a thriving ecosystem with new open source products being built by the community on the Frappe Framework everyday. Building new sustainable products can incur a considerable cost in the initial phase. To enable such projects and ensure excellent quality softwares is built using the Frappe Framework, Frappe brings the ‘Frappe Incubator’ program.
Frappe Incubator aims to provide monetary and marketing support to Frappe community contributors, review the progress and facilitate the building of outstanding Frappe applications using Frappe Framework.
2. Selection of Incubatee
The person or the entity who shall be granted the official funding from Frappe shall be officially defined as the “Incubatee” and it shall abide by all the terms and conditions (“Agreement”) mentioned herein. The Incubatee affirms that the Incubatee is more than 18 years of age and is fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. If Incubatee are under 18 years of age, then you are not eligible for this program.
Frappe shall interview the applicants of the program and evaluate the project in terms of the applicant’s past contributions, years of experience in the open source community, scope of the project proposed, proof of concept, timelines plan for development of software and launch or Business plan etc
3. Role & Responsibility of Frappe
This program enables us to work with our community to built excellent quality products where the role of Frappe is extended to:
3.1 Monetary support
A. The Incubatee has to receive written prior approval from Frappe before the initiation of each project. The grant amount of Ten Lakhs (Rs. 10,00,000/-) for each project shall be dispensed as per mutual milestones set by Frappe and the Incubatee.
B. For Incubatee considered to be new contributors (work experience less than one year in the open source community prior to the date of program and sanction by Frappe), the funding payment shall be milestone based mutually decided between the Incubatee and Frappe.
C. For Incubatee considered to be new contributors (work experience less than one year in the open source community prior to the date of program and sanction by Frappe), if we don't see value after the first six (6) months of the program, we shall hold back/ demand the refund of the the remaining 50% investment of the project.
3.2 Marketing/launch support
A. Frappe shall be providing the Incubatee assistance via marketing support through its Social Media Handles, official mention on Frappe’s Official Newsletter etc.
B. Frappe shall provide assistance in launch support via Listing the Incubatee application on Frappe Cloud Marketplace. After the launch, the Incubatee shall be the sole maintainer of the application on the marketplace.
C. Frappe shall be providing assistance to the Incubatee in the product Launch video.
3.3 Design support
Frappe shall be providing assistance to the Incubatee via Website & Product pages design support.
3.4 Performance Review
Frappe shall have weekly check ups with the Incubatee to ensure the progress as planned. The Incubatee shall provide all the necessary information about the product to Frappe.
Please Note:- Frappe shall not be accountable for the marketing, launch or design and is only extending assistance to the Incubatee
4. Responsibility of the Incubatee
- Any project being funded by Frappe Incubator, must be 100% FOSS and built on Frappe Framework. The Incubatee at no point can convert the product to be a “proprietary software”. In case the Incubatee converts the product or any part of it as “proprietary software”, it shall be the sole decision of Frappe to revoke the funding under the program.
- In case the product developed by the Incubatee is a mobile application, its backend must run on Frappe Framework.
- All the client sites created on the product by the Incubatee shall be hosted on Frappe Cloud & its marketplace. In case it is hosted on any other on-premise servers without prior written approval by Frappe, it shall be the sole decision of Frappe to revoke the funding under the program.
- The Incubatee must conduct weekly standups with Frappe to review the progress of the product and ensure the performance is met as per the initial plan suggested by Incubatee submitted to Frappe.
5. Intellectual property
The project funded under the Frappe Incubator program shall remain the intellectual property of the Incubatee and shall be an open source product in its entirety. Frappe shall be providing assistance and support in its product launch, design and marketing but the core- maintainers of the product shall be the Incubatee.
The Agreement shall come into force on the date of acceptance of this Agreement by the Incubatee until the product is hosted as an open source product and hosted on the marketplace for usage by the open source community.
7. Surviving Provision
The sections titled "Intellectual property" shall survive the termination of this Agreement for a period of five (5) years from the date of termination/ expiration of this Agreement. In case of breach of this provision, Frappe has the right to claim the complete granted amount under the agreement from the Incubatee after the expiration or the termination of these terms and conditions.
8. Termination of the Incubatee Funding
- Frappe has the right to immediately terminate/revoke without prior notice in case of performance issues on the part of the Incubatee and the Incubatee could not deliver the product as promised. Frappe shall be providing three (3) reviews/ warnings, but if the issue persists then Frappe holds the right to revoke/ terminate the funding.
- Frappe holds the right to immediately terminate in case the product is not 100% Open source or/and not built using Frappe Framework or/and not hosted on Frappe Cloud.
- In case the Incubatee wishes to discontinue the project, the Incubatee shall provide a written thirty (30) notice to Frappe, thereafter, the product developed by the Incubatee shall remain the intellectual property of Frappe and if Frappe successfully completes the project, the Incubatee shall not be able to claim any part of the product as its intellectual property. Furthermore, the official grant under the project shall be revoked/ terminated with immediate effect.
If you wish to know about the Frappe Incubator program you can write to us at email@example.com. The Incubatee shall provide all its official written correspondences and notices to Frappe via email at firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com