Managing Drop Shipping Between Subsidiary Companies
By umair on November 9, 2019Intermediate
Scenario: Our Business has 2 sister companies where SAS is handling clients and sales orders and BV is handling stock, purchases but also some local clients.
using ERPNext we wish to implement the following workflow.
- Client contacts SAS
- SAS generates a Sales order
- SAS turns the SO into a Purchase order for BV
- BV receives PO > SO from SAS
- BV Fulfils order from Stock to end-client
- BV Invoices SAS
- SAS pays to BV
- SAS invoices end- client and bills
You can manage this scenario by using Drop Shipping feature of ERPNext. Check following link to learn how it functions in ERPNext.
- For the SAS Company, create a Sales Order for the Customer. Ensure to check "Drop Shipping" for the item.
- For the Company SAS, add BV as a Supplier
- Create a Purchase Order (PO) against a Sales Order. In PO, select BV as a Supplier. But shipping address will be the client's address.
- SAS will create a Purchase Invoice, as they are liable to pay to BV.
- Against the original Sales Order, SAS will create a Sales Invoice for Customer, and create Payment Entry later.
- The company BV will add SAS as their Customer. They can create a Sales Order to book income in their accounts. Make Delivery Note for the Customer. Make Sales Invoice for SAS.
Was this article helpful?